The tile size and shape you choose will impact your room greatly so be sure to give the following tips some thought:
Big is Better:
- For a sleek contemporary look
- If you despise cleaning grout because, well, the larger the tile the less grout you have
- For a smaller space to make it look larger. Yep, it seems a little contradictory but that’s the case.
Small is perfect:
- When you find a fun shape or cool patterned tile that jumps out and grabs you. I love patterned tile in small bathrooms…it’s a great look but be prepared to commit to a pattern and then embrace it.
- For a more traditional and timeless look
- When you have a tiny space such as a powder room or a separate potty room off of a larger master bath.
Obviously, this blog post doesn’t really delve into the details of this because there’s just so much available to choose from. If you are thinking about using tile in a remodel project don’t hesitate to contact Rick Kelley Builders and we’ll be thrilled to talk with you about the possibilities for your space.